DoYouHaveAFlag
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SHINY CLAWS! (an assassin guide)

2 posters

Go down

SHINY CLAWS! (an assassin guide) Empty SHINY CLAWS! (an assassin guide)

Post  Squeakers Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:37 pm

Hmmm, I guess you think you came to the right place, but I guess you know you didn't...yeah that made no sense.

Anyways you're here to learn about a Sin. Good for you.
Q: What is a Sin?
A: A Sin is short for Assassin
Q: Why play a Sin?
A: Sins imo are great dps (damage per second) class mixing good damage with great speed
Q: Why not play a Sin?
A: Like the Hunter a Sin is mainly a solo class. Noone wants a Sin in a party unless its to fill a spot up. Sins are also very vulnerable to damage that is why we must kill first or be killed.

I am guessing thats all the questions we will be asking so straight to the REAL info tongue
Like I said above Sins are a SOLO class so you better have time on your hands otherwise this class is a complete waste. I've found out though that duoing with a Hunter can be a good experience, but you don't know if you don't try. Sins are good once they reach higher lvls so I don't recommend playing as a Sin in NM or lower. Try to aim for HM and UM. Those modes will give way more customization to your Sin. Sins have a crapload of Special moves so please decide what type of Sin you will become. There are a couple types I know of. I will not talk about specific build types(ex: 5 str 5 dex), but I will talk about the all around build.

THE STATS
STR: Basically how hard you hit
REC: How much of a beating you can take
WIS: How much of a magical beating you can take, also how much Mana you get
DEX: Rate of evasion and hits
INT: How strong your magic hits are (note: you have none)
LUC: All around stat, increase evasion, hit rate, damage, and critical hit rate

Now that you know the stats it is onto the builds.

Last edited by Squeakers on Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Squeakers
Squeakers

Back to top Go down

SHINY CLAWS! (an assassin guide) Empty Re: SHINY CLAWS! (an assassin guide)

Post  Squeakers Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:00 pm

BUILDS
This is just a basic path for you to choose.
STRENGTH SIN
Good damage and evasions if you mix a little DEX as well. Some REC is ok, but I never tried it.
Basically the Points are around 5/4 STR/DEX, 6/3 STR/DEX, or be a little diverse and go 5/2/2 STR/DEX/REC
EVADE SIN
Good evasions and you'll almost never get physically hit. Way too bad damage unless you are going to tank (not recommended). Also it will take FOREVER to lvl unless you get plvled or pop stones with a nuker. Points are in REC and DEX mostly. Some WIS if you wish to go to the dungeons. 5/4 REC/DEX or 5/2/2 REC/DEX/WIS
LUCK SIN
Many people say the LUC build is the strongest. Many say STR is the strongest. I am currently working on the LUC build so I can't really say which is stronger so this will be updated frequently. LUC builds crit like CRAZY. But remember you won't crit if you don't hit so add a little DEX in there. Points mainly in the LUC, DEX, and some people say you need STR as well. ATM I am doing 4/2/1 LUC/DEX/STR. Sounds edgy, I know, but experiementing gets you to places Wink . Anyways for this build I suggest you freestyle it and go with what you like. You know mix it up!

Now that you got your build chosen time to use what helps you best, Lapis.
Main lapis I would be using for Sins are probably LUC, STR, and a little HP never hurt. But it is solely up to you so here is all the lapis I can name from my head.
LAPIS
Craft- STR
Shrewd- DEX
Fortune- LUC
Wise- WIS
Mystic- INT
Safe- REC
Life- HP
Mental- MP
Vigor- SP
Sonic- Speed (shoes only, increase movement speed)
Helm Only Laps- (headgear only, 20+ to stat of lapis)
Forces- (need info atm Razz)
UPDATE: check out Lyga's map of lapis Razz https://dyhaf.forumotion.com/good-to-know-f6/lapis-guide-t61.htm?sid=c0ebdedaee22928cf1844308c785e720

Lastly, Sins are SOLO classes so go for 1 mob ONLY (unless you feel ballsey and wanna tank 2 or 3 more)
Remember to go for mobs that are quite a challenge for you to kill and give good exp
COLORS
White- EASIEST but NO exp
Light blue- EASIER but very LOW exp
Dark blue- EASY but LOW exp
Green- SIMPLE but AVERAGE exp
Yellow- OK but SLIGHTLY MORE exp
Orange- TOUGHER but BETTER exp
Red- HARDER but GREAT exp
Pink/Purple- GOOD LUCK but AWESOME exp
Grey- OMGWTFBBQ! but OMGWTFBBQ! NO EXP

So take these colors and find a mob you are comfortable with and start grinding! Wink
This concludes my super duper short guide of Sins straight from my head tongue
So go out there and be the best Sin you can be!
And remember like my Avvy, Victory Starts With You. cheers
Squeakers
Squeakers

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreadd Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:49 pm

Been meaning to reply to this since i first read it. Excellent info. The only sin i have is my UM (yes, i never played around with one on NM or HM) so it was a bit of a learning experience. But if you choose sin for UM, i will tell you that your character will be a beast by the time you are lvl 30. Not so good at tanking since aggro gets pulled really easily (i'm 5 str/4 dex, no rec), but i can kill reds without using stun. I rarely bother with my stun chain, relying mainly on my damage chain. Another thing to consider; UM sins have a bit of an edge over the NM and HM sins, UM sins can AoE, with skills like Eviscerate and Dark Panic. Therefore, you are able to find a party a bit easier. I want to know how that luc build works out for you, i might have to try one later myself Very Happy
Dreadd
Dreadd

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down