DoYouHaveAFlag
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Making the Most of Your Equipment: A Guide to Enchanting

2 posters

Go down

Making the Most of Your Equipment:  A Guide to Enchanting Empty Making the Most of Your Equipment: A Guide to Enchanting

Post  Dreadd Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:39 pm

With the advent of Episode 4, Shaiya Eternity, it has become possible to enchant your equipment. What enchantment does is very simple. For every level of enchantment on your weapon, the attack power of that weapon goes up by 5 points. Thus, you hit harder with every level of enchantment. For armor, every level of enchantment allows you to absorb 5 points of damage, so your pretty red HP bar stays fuller. This is important for armor, because most characters are wearing 4 pieces of armor, each of which can be enchanted (guards or warriors are allowed an additional piece of armor, the shield). So, to put it in perspective, if you were to enchant all 4 pieces of your armor, ie protector, leggings, gauntlets and walker, to level 3, each would be capable of absorbing 15 points of damage. Now for the fun part: the absorption stacks. That's right, if you had 4 pieces of armor enchanted to level 3, you would absorb 60 damage off every hit. I don't know about you, but that seems like a pretty good deal to me. And yes, it is possible to enchant helmets as well, but I myself don't particularly care for the helmets in Shaiya. They don't have anywhere near enough endurance, and on top of that, the stat benefits are small at best, unless you have a dread helmet or some such.

The other major benefit of enchanting weapons and armor, especially the gear used in 1-15, is that once you are finished with it, you can sell it for quite a bit of money. At the moment, a good ballpark figure for enchanted gear is around 20 mil per level of enchantment. Sometimes its higher, sometimes lower, depending on the gear and the stats/lapis attached to it.

Now we will discuss the 'how' of enchanting. Basically its pretty easy to figure out, but hard to succeed at. On any piece of armor or any weapon, if you look at the description, it lists 'Enhancement: xxx' where xxx = some item. That is one thing you will need to try to enchant. The other is a lapisia, not to be confused with a lapis. Lapisia do not link to gear like lapis do. There are 4 kinds of lapisia: weapon, power, armor, defense. 2 of them, the weapon and armor lapisia, are random rare drops anywhere in the game. The other 2, power and defense, are AP items. The difference is, the weapon and armor lapisia will break your gear if the enchantment fails, while the power and defense will not. Note that the weapon and armor lapisia are available for AP as well, but if it was me spending the money, I would only purchase the power and defense lapisia.

To enchant an item, you need the enhancement listed in the item's description and a lapisia, preferably power or defense. Then you take the item, the enhancement and the lapisia to a blacksmith and select 'Enhance'. This will bring up a window that has 3 slots in it, 1 for the item you are trying to enchant, 1 for the lapisia, and 1 for the enhancement. There is some speculation as to whether having more of the enhancement increases the odds of success for enchanting, but it does not as of yet. According to a GS, with the next major upgrade of the game (perhaps Episode 5), then it will make a difference how many enhancements you use, but until then, it does not. There is also speculation as to whether bless affects your chance. I do not know if it does or not, so to be on the safe side, I would recommend trying it only when bless is high.

Once you have all 3 slots in the enhance window filled with the appropriate things, click on enhance. If you see a flash of white over the slot with the item in it, you were successful. It will also tell you in the window right above chat if it worked or not. Regardless of whether the attempt succeeded or failed, the lapisia and whatever amount of enhancements you used for the attempt will be consumed. And remember, if you used weapon or armor lapisia and failed, your piece of gear is gone too.

Now for the major downside of enchanting. It is horribly expensive. With each successive level of enhancement it gets more difficult to the point of being virtually impossible to go from [5] to [6] without a GM Enchant. If you are using gold to buy the lapisia in Iris, you can bet on the crappy weapon and armor ones to cost around 10-12 million at the current prices, and the power and defense lapisia go for around 30-35 million. I myself have enchanted one weapon so far, and it took me 6 lapisia to get it to [4], so if you do the math, that was around 180 million I would have spent if I had used gold to buy the power lapisia. I did not, I used AP.

That is pretty much all there is to enchanting your gear. Hope this provides some insight as to what you need to do, and not do, to be successful. I will locate the chart I found once detailing the exact % chance of success and post it soon.
Dreadd
Dreadd

Back to top Go down

Making the Most of Your Equipment:  A Guide to Enchanting Empty Re: Making the Most of Your Equipment: A Guide to Enchanting

Post  Squeakers Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:14 pm

Armor before enchants:
Making the Most of Your Equipment:  A Guide to Enchanting Badarmor

Armor after enchants:
Making the Most of Your Equipment:  A Guide to Enchanting Shaiyas215q2013i0g0
Squeakers
Squeakers

Back to top Go down

Making the Most of Your Equipment:  A Guide to Enchanting Empty Re: Making the Most of Your Equipment: A Guide to Enchanting

Post  Dreadd Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:43 am

I like the Coors Light armor myself XD
Dreadd
Dreadd

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down