DoYouHaveAFlag
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ventrillo YAY!

4 posters

Go down

Vent:

Ventrillo YAY! I_vote_lcap0%Ventrillo YAY! I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Ventrillo YAY! I_vote_lcap29%Ventrillo YAY! I_vote_rcap 29% 
[ 2 ]
Ventrillo YAY! I_vote_lcap14%Ventrillo YAY! I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 7

Ventrillo YAY! Empty Ventrillo YAY!

Post  Admin Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:21 pm

K guys this is a communication program
http://www.ventrilo.com/download.php

To download

once you have it downloaded you will setup your name and where it says

The server is you toon name : {Aethonon}
the ip or host name is 75.127.65.154
the port is 3837
leave the pass blank

hit ok then on the main screen hit connect and you should be in!

Last edited by Admin on Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:24 am; edited 3 times in total
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://dyhaf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Ventrillo YAY! Empty Re: Ventrillo YAY!

Post  RubyRose Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:37 pm

Question here. Does the progamme use much kb/s? I only have limited downloads per month so if it used a heap then I wouldn't be able to run it. so I didn't so over my monthly limit.
RubyRose
RubyRose
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:01 am

bandndwidth usage will be determined by what codec the server instructs the client program to use. The default configuration for a server is to use the GSM 6.10 codec and sampling at 11Khz. After compression this will consume approximately 3K bytes per second per voice stream.

Using the 3K bytes/sec example this will translate into the following numbers. If you are in a channel (not to be confused with a server) and there are 3 other people in the same channel as you:

One of the other people talking will produce 3K bytes of inbound data.
Two people in the same channel talking will produce 6K bytes of inbound data.
Three people in the same channel talking will produce 9K bytes of inbound data.
And so on....

Thats all i could find after consulting a freind of mine who knows a bit more about this we believe that Each time any one speaks it will use 1kb per person speaking

Meaning that if i say hi when i log in. and 3 people are in the room, I will be using 3 kb/s.

Last edited by Admin on Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Ventrillo YAY! Empty Just a little concerned

Post  captmimo Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:32 am

Hey guys I think ventrillo would probably be great feature for all of us. As I am a die hard x-bob 360 and playstation 3 gamer and I only play on-live with my head set and mic this would be second nature to me..but, this isnt about what's best for me I have concerns that we may lose guild members and friends, alot of people here are young very young in fact and may not have the proper gear to do this such as mics headphones or maybe heave dad's old pc with no sound card or it's just not capable of running the program there are also those who pay for bytes per second it may get costly for them I don't know. Perhaps we should use caution here or perhaps just a little patience we should wait to implement this new feature till were sure everyone in our guild is set up and can go right on to it otherwise were all talking there typing and attention wont be concentrated on their needs. I could be wrong about this but, my gut say's Im not perhaps an inquirey should be made to how many can and how many can't do this right now. Perhaps a vote I don't know its just an idea and like I said a concern. Thanks Drexaviar.......I don't mean to damper the plan guys just my heart must put our guild first...o.k. thank you as a secod thought I my self am fully capable and actually have all the equipment with me to do so..so I dont speak of this on my behalf but on our guilds behalf ok ty

As a
captmimo
captmimo

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:21 pm

Drex i understand your concerns and will do my best to make this work out for everyone. However i will not take away vent its a very powerful communication resource that will make GRB, meetings and some events run much smother. Here however are some solution i will explore.

I will make a room in vent for those of you that have a limited amount of KB you can use. The room will be called Game Chat Only and the only time you can speak while in this channel is if it is game related which will cut down on the conversation and thusly the amount of KB used but still allow these people the conveyance of vent.

If alot of you are unable to use vent i will turn off the server and only open it for GRB, meetings, and events. Or if two people in guild are partied and both can use vent they may whisper me and ill allow them to use it as party chat.

I do however DEMAND that each officer get vent, as this will make officer meetings run much more smoothly.

Lastly this is a very small file 3 MB, and downloads and installs very quickly. It also doesn't do any other add ons when you download it. So if your comp can run the game you have the requirements available on your comp to run vent.
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RubyRose Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:40 pm

I totally understand the advantages for Vent and that it would make things run smoother but I'm afraid that I won't be able to use it. The reason being is that my sound card or the speaker jack on my computer tower is not working and I can't get it fixed at the moment. I probably will not be able to get it fixed for a few months. I thought it was just the speakers that were broken and that the problem would be fixed by a different set of speakers but turns out its not them. So I'm sorry but I won't be able to use it.
RubyRose
RubyRose
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Ventrillo YAY! Empty My concerns have been met.

Post  captmimo Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:44 pm

to all my fellow guildies I hooked up ventrilo today works good talked to Hex and Mae pretty cool, but be it known for those of you that can't we will be watching and still texting in the chat box I have been assured by the officers we will lose no one in doing this and that it's simply a communication plus to our guild for events and such. It really is quite remarkable I can honestly say I urge you to just try it out if you can if you can't then contact me maybe I can provide something you need that will allow you to be able to. Anyway you all know my heart my guild comes first Im there for you and willing to help in anyway can. I would also like to extend an apology for speaking harsh yesterday on this matter I wasn't comfortable and thought we would lose people...im assured that wont happen and I trust my officers in this matter. So I'm sorry please forgive me if i caused an uproar amongest our guild....I've never ben one to hold my tounge but, I believe Im just wrong here...So I am truly sorry....

thanks Drexaviar
captmimo
captmimo

Back to top Go down

Post  RubyRose Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:04 pm

I have had a lucky break with my couisn being able to get me a different sound card for my computer so YAY now I'll be able to try Vent.
RubyRose
RubyRose
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Ventrillo YAY! Empty no

Post  A Flag Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:32 pm

i Cant use this i share a computer so i cant download stuff and i dont have a mic or stuff like that.

A Flag

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum